The Software Engineer will participate in team-based efforts surrounding development, deployment and support of solutions in response to business needs. Build, deploy and troubleshoot custom software solutions in response to business needs. You will be involved in all stages of the project life cycle from requirements, development, implementation and support rotation in production environments and working independently, with limited guidance in only on the most complex situations.
- Design, develop and maintain web applications developed using Java/J2EE, Spring/Struts/JSP, Web services (SOAP and RESTful) using JSON and XML formats and produce reusable superior technical components
- Strong relational database skills in MySQL/Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture (SOA) deployments with ability to design applications
- Experience using Scrum, Agile modelling and adaptive software development lifecycle
- Work closely with project, business analyst and QA teams. This requires strong collaboration and communication skills
- Participates efficiently and effectively in Quality Assurance methodologies and solutions in support of business needs
- Performs system and application testing, ensuring delivery meets business needs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent emphasis
- 5+ years of expertise Java, SQL, Open Source Frameworks
- Technical and/or Agile certifications
- Participate in a Scrum Development Team
- Collaborative Developer
- Experience with Git, Maven, Jira and/or Hudson/Jenkins are a plus
- Test driven development using testing frameworks (Junit, SoapUI)
- Team player and ability to mentor developers on application development best practices
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
If you can work on a W2 basis without sponsorship for ANY US employer and fit the description above, please apply. Third-Party Applications Not Accepted. Candidates local to Colorado are preferred.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this opportunity.