Product Owner – Consumer Finance - 6+ m Contract
Responsible for understanding the business needs to be met in the delivery of an IT program. With that understanding, creates the MMP, features and user stories to be delivered by IT. Works closely with the scrum team to ensure there is clear understanding of the user stories, and participates in functionality demos and acceptance of the user stories. The PO role keeps the team focused on the right work at the right time regardless of CR alignment. It is a collaborative partnership between a dedicated and persistent business product owner and an IT representative.
The Product Owner will be the Subject Matter Expert on functionality provided by the custom suite of applications owned by the Consumer Finance development team. The successful candidate will be a technically savvy self-starter who is able to communicate between endusers, stakeholders, and developers to define requirements that move the business forward.
- Create well defined user stories that include testing and acceptance criteria
Manage the development backlog (story grooming and prioritization)
- Perform basic validation and testing of functionality using standard web-based tools (browsers, Postman) and automated test result reports
- Create and submit well defined bug reports
- Represent the technical team in stakeholder and customer meetings
- Ability to self-manage time and effort Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or Management Information Systems (MIS)
- 3-5+ years of professional experience working with business-focused stakeholders and planning the work of software developers
- Software development experience preferred, but not required
- Experience working with an Agile Scrum team
- Experience translating business requirements into detailed user stories and acceptance criteria
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience using Agile management tools, with Jira experience a plus
Thank you in advanced for your interest
Candidates local to Colorado highly preferred. Must be eligible to interview onsite in Colorado. Must be able to work on a W2 basis without sponsorship for ANY US employer. Third-Party Applications Not Accepted.