Seeking a NOC Analyst for a contract to hire role to work in an enterprise cloud environment. Contacts will be received from tenant program technical staff that may include potential issues with VMware, Microsoft, Linux, NetApp, and other assorted tool sets. The successful Administrator will be able to leverage personal talent and experiences, knowledge Articles, and advanced technical staff to resolve a multitude of cloud platform issues. This position will enable the employee to gain experience and promotions into security, networking, or cloud infrastructure positions within the team.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Act as a primary interface to business users for all IT support issues
- Record and triage incoming client and customer calls, emails, and system alert notifications
- Provision new tenants in a VMware cloud environment to include deploying VMs, perform access management activities, and conduct patch/remediation efforts
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and/or escalate software, hardware, security, and network issues
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and/or escalate cloud platform and application issues within private (VMware) and public (AWS) cloud environments
- Execute periodic performance customer contact reports
- Ticket management and auditing
- Train end users in the use of equipment and software
- Demonstrated experience with Windows and non-Windows server configuration, administration, and monitoring
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills in networking and storage management
- Experience working in a process-oriented workflow environment; ITIL experience preferred
- Experience working with multi-tiered ticket handling/resolution systems
- Professional verbal and written communication skills required, capable of contributing to Knowledge Management
- Ability to react to dynamic industry and rapid changes in information technology
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience supporting large enterprise IT environments
- Experience creating, modifying, and following standard procedural documents
- Knowledge of the Cherwell Service Management platform desired
- Training Required Associate s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 2-5 years of workstation/server administration including Network support and communications troubleshooting, Security alert management, customer issue resolution and support
If you are able to work on a W2 basis without sponsorship for ANY US employer and fit the description above, please apply! Third-Party Applications Not Accepted.