Remote 6+ Month Contract Position.
The Network Security Engineer will be responsible for implementation and administration of network security hardware and software, enforcing network security policies and compliance requirements. The role is expected to contribute to documentation and adhere to SLA targets and requirements. The daily duties include hands-on troubleshooting, interfacing with clients and associates as needed to resolve complex cases, maintaining and patching managed security platforms.
- Experience in a technical support role in a networking/security company or equivalent education
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
- Experience with security products firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti-Spam, virus scanning
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Extensive working knowledge of Windows, UNIX or Linux
- Previous Managed Security Service (MSS) experience, supporting security products is desirable
- Strong English skills both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is desirable
- Fortinet NSE4 and higher certifications strongly desired
- Palo Alto
- Broader security certifications a plus
Thank you in advanced for your interest!
Candidates local to Colorado highly preferred. Must be eligible to interview onsite in Colorado. Must be able to work on a W2 basis without sponsorship for ANY US employer. Third-Party Applications Not Accepted.