As an ETL Developer you will provide technical development and analytical support for Informatica ETL (cloud and power center). In this role you will design, develop, modify, test, implement, and document application changes/upgrades to meet business needs in partnership with our hosting Partner. To be successful in this role you must have strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Manage quality and timely deliverables produced by the offshore development team in accordance with project plans and service request promise dates.
- Monitor production processes, review reports and monitoring tools daily for data quality, performance and on time completion of processes. In some instances, respond to escalations during off hours.
- Contribute to the overall planning of projects and issue resolution by recommending approaches, identifying resources, and developing timelines.
- Follow documented procedures for configuring, maintaining, upgrading, testing, and coding the application/custom interface routines.
- Ensure best technical practices are followed for all enterprise software development.
- Effectively communicate of project plans, priorities, and program status within the team.
- Perform detailed tests and review developers work to ensure a high level of data quality.
- Direct and effectively teach effective coding techniques and best practices to other developers.
- Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures.
- Develop, coordinate and implement plans to test business and functional processes during system development and quality assurance testing.
- Monitor and document post-implementation problems revision requests. In this effort, raise issues to our hosting partner and work with them through issue resolution.
- Maps software functionality to business processes.
- Assist in making decisions on the utilization of software programming resources.
- Review and test code and results developed by offshore resources.
- Assist in providing technical direction for future projects. Team Education and hosting partner cross training on ETL development as required.
- Assist the business team with BI reporting in conjunction with ETL workload. Ensure standard documentation requirements are met.
Preferred Education & Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field/equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of development experience; with 4-5 years of that experience in designing, developing and supporting technical solutions for Informatica ETL Applications or equivalent Data Warehouse ETL applications.
- Must be proficient with the Informatica Power Center, as well as SQL, Unix, and Process Scheduler.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience with BI reporting tools.
- Must have worked in environments using SDLC methodologies and standards. Agile preferred.
- Must have solid SQL development skills.
- Experience in Linux environment preferred.
- Experience on Oracle 10g/11g databases preferred.
- Cloud experience - preferred
If you can work on a W2 basis without sponsorship for ANY US employer and fit the description above, please apply. Third-Party Applications Not Accepted. Candidates local to Colorado are preferred.