Are you an expert in SQL development?
The Data Engineer is responsible for the maintenance, improvement, cleaning, and manipulation of data in operational and analytics databases. You will work with a variety of teams in order to understand and aid in the implementation of database requirements, analyze performance, and troubleshoot any existent issues. In this vital position you will define and build the data rules and pipelines that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business. Great opportunity in Denver, close to Confluence Park and Union Station. Right in the heart of downtown!
- Leads the development and implementation of scripts for database maintenance, monitoring, performance tuning, and so forth in collaboration with IT DBAs and support groups
- Designing and developing scalable ETL packages from the business source systems and the development of ETL routines in order to populate databases from sources and also to create aggregates
- Enabling and running data migrations across different databases and different servers, for example, data migration from SQL servers to MySQL; or on-premises to cloud
- Responsible for performing thorough testing and validation in order to support the accuracy of data transformations and data verification used in any service. E.g reporting, visualizations, machine learning models
- Analyze complex data elements and systems, data flow, dependencies, and relationships in order to contribute to & define conceptual physical and logical data models
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in IT/Data & Analytics with 7+ years of software development and/or data engineering experience
- 5-7 years of experience with SQL Server On-Prem and/or Azure cloud, required
- 5-7 years of SSIS experience utilizing SQL Agent jobs and Integration Services Catalog, required
- 2+ years of Python programming experience, preferred
- Azure Data Lake storage experience, Azure Data Factory and/or Databricks experience, a plus
- Strong understanding of ETL processing with large data stores
Candidates local to Colorado highly preferred. Must be eligible to interview onsite in Colorado. Must be able to work on a W2 basis without sponsorship for ANY US employer. Third-Party Applications Not Accepted.