Sempera promotes innovation dedication, and work enjoyment in everything we do for our clients and employees. Our mission at Sempera is to get back to proven principles….giving our clients top quality….giving our employees a satisfying career. The end result of this culture is the commitment to client and employee satisfaction.
- Manages, mentors, trains and develops the oracle database team at MarkWest.
- Performs cloning, patching, and code migrations as necessary to support business requirements
- Provides and maintains documentation on database systems, configurations, processes and standards
- Works with different departments to provide technical assistance to users and troubleshoots and resolves application and database related problems
- Works with different applications teams to ensure database requirements are met; protects data from inappropriate access or data loss; performs security reviews that includes Critical patch updates and upgrades
- Provides the team and organization with technical guidance and oversight for the database management environment
- Ensures that all work performed within Database Administration team is in accordance to corporate objectives and follows IT processes and controls
- Maintains database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls
- Upgrades database systems and applications by assessing transaction processing and database performance
- Responsible for the installation, upgrade, administration and performance tuning of various releases of Oracle
- Configures, installs, tests and maintains databases and their associated software such as version upgrades, patches and tools
- Monitors and manages database performance
- Follows Company’s change management policies and procedures
- Develops Disaster and Recovery procedures to ensure minimum data loss
- Expertise in applying patches to all releases of Oracle EBS versions
- General UNIX and scripting skills to support Oracle environments running on UNIX/LINUX
- Experience supporting Hyperion, EBS, GIS, Flowcal, Quorum and OBIEE environments.
- Experience supporting Microsoft SQL Server environments is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with both technical and non-technical users
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with management and peers
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum of fifteen years as a Database Administrator
- Prior experience as DBA lead and/or Supervisor is a plus
Please send resume and rate with summary of skills/experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with Sempera and providing us with your application & information.