Sempera promotes innovation dedication, and work enjoyment in everything we do for our clients and employees. Our mission at Sempera is to get back to proven principles….giving our clients top quality….giving our employees a satisfying career. The end result of this culture is the commitment to client and employee satisfaction.
- 3+ years of experience managing a GNU/Linux environment for development, including package management and basic system administration
- 3+ years of experience developing software against documented third-party APIs and working with vendors to identify and correct issues and drive enhancements
- 3+ years working with IT systems, with a solid understanding of network protocols and standards (e.g. DNS, TCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH)
- Experience developing software in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Education and or experience in Broadcast Technology/Engineering or related field - ideally BS in Engineering/Computer Science and experience within the broadcast industry
- Familiarity with broadcast production or video production systems, ideally working knowledge of Asset Management Systems (Evertz Mediator or others)
- Experience working with Agile and Scrum methodologies for software development and project execution
- Familiarity with software development tools such as JIRA, Github, and Jenkins
- Experience with high-volume data migration projects
- Must have scheduling flexibility in order to meet on-air operational needs
- Customize workflows – encompassing content prep and delivery for US domestic and international content delivery
- Develop software related to media asset management systems, automated metadata management and media delivery capabilities
- Integrate various software platforms through vendor APIs
- Work with vendors on API implementation and troubleshooting, suggesting necessary features and identifying enhancement opportunities
- Engineer integrated software solutions to anticipate and enable business growth, productivity, and reliability
- Identify automation opportunities within media workflows, and develop appropriate software solutions
- Coordinate with internal operational & technology and vendor support teams to isolate issues and drive resolution
- Configure test, QA and production environments with proper packages and dependencies to enable development
- Work with client user groups to ensure operational needs are being appropriately met
- Provide 24x7 On-Air systems support and daily operations support; some overnight shift-schedule support will be required during on-air rollout and special broadcast events
Please send resume and rate with summary of skills/experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with Sempera and providing us with your application & information.