Sempera promotes innovation dedication, and work enjoyment in everything we do for our clients and employees. Our mission at Sempera is to get back to proven principles….giving our clients top quality….giving our employees a satisfying career. The end result of this culture is the commitment to client and employee satisfaction.
6 Month Contract to Hire
- Respond to, remediate and document information security incidents not limited to SIEM Alerts, Tickets, Emails, or Phone Calls
- Review data that is processed within the SIEM to find suspicious events as well as ineffective data
- Verify incident source alert notifications are authentic and trusted
- Identify and resolve incidents that are not defined by (or deviates from) an existing incident response guides
- Assist with significant incidents as needed or assigned
- Provide feedback for development and consistency of automated threat detection mechanisms
- Update and maintain response guides for accuracy
- Security projects dedicated to improving Cyber Defense Team security posture.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of information, host and network security hardening and requirements; networking protocols; common intrusion techniques; and common risk management concepts
- Analytical and problem solving skills related to networking, operating systems, and malware analysis
- Candidate must possess, or be willing to pursue, applicable professional/technical certifications, such as CISSP, CEH, GCIH, GPEN, GWAPT, GISEC, CISM or CISA
- Strong oral and written communication skills and comfort with presenting technical issues to all levels of management, as well as non-technical staff
- Broad technical knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- 4+ years of experience in performing security risk assessments and application, system and network security
- Experience in network and/or firewall engineering, administration, design and implementation including experience in applying methodologies and principles for all levels of security
- Understanding of the following tools: SIEM, IDS / IPS, host based Anti-Virus, or similar products
- Experience in network monitoring tools to monitor attacks/threats and doing the initial triage of findings
- Microsoft or UNIX (including Linux or other UNIX derivatives) MAC operating system administration/support experience
- Experience with computer security, incident response, or computer forensics
- Experience with technologies, tools and process controls to minimize risk and data exposure
- Application development and/or source code review experience in C/C++, C#, VB.NET, ASP, PHP, PERL, Python, or Java
- Experience in large enterprise or carrier data centers and/or networks
Please send resume and rate with summary of skills/experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with Sempera and providing us with your application & information.