Sempera promotes innovation dedication, and work enjoyment in everything we do for our clients and employees. Our mission at Sempera is to get back to proven principles….giving our clients top quality….giving our employees a satisfying career. The end result of this culture is the commitment to client and employee satisfaction.
Our client located in Englewood is searching for a Data Analyst/Scientist to help with the team’s analytics, business intelligence and executive reporting efforts. The team works within the corporate Enterprise Business Intelligence organization while directly supporting the Customer Experience organization. The team is looking for a talented individual to be responsible for drawing conclusions, providing customer insights, and making recommendations on improving the customer experience through analysis of operational and customer feedback data. This individual will be expected to confidently deliver interpretations and recommendations to team members and various level stakeholders.
- Formulating hypotheses for designing and testing analytical experiments to identify underlying areas of opportunity:
- Creates actionable insight and understanding, through the analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data, building recommendations that directly address business objectives
- Measures effectiveness of improvements through deep analysis of data on performance metrics striving for cost effective high quality improvements
- Leverage new data and/or experiment results to extend analytic frameworks/algorithms
- Setup, model and conduct analyses using various analytical tools (e.g. Excel, SQL, SAS, R, Tableau) through determination of appropriate analytic approach (sample data analysis, trending, regression, etc.)
- Distilling and presenting analytic results to a non-technical audience:
- Clearly messages analytical findings and helping drive change in the business by uncovering recommended actions through application of findings and insights
- Acts as strategic advisor to business leaders through role as analytics subject matter expert
- Outline analytical process and results so the business can understand all relevant steps taken from hypothesis to conclusion
- Engage directly with all levels of business via in-depth deep dives and trainings up to creation and delivery of executive level presentations
- Business Requirements Intake:
- Translates complex strategic challenges into relevant analytical frameworks
- Develops business requirements, assesses current analytical capabilities, and makes recommendations for improvement
- Ensure the team is asking probing questions to surface implicit assumptions by the business, understand business intent and how the end-results will benefit the company
- Acquiring, enriching and structuring new and existing data:
- Identify relevant data sources from data warehouses, application logs, partner data sources, research reports, surveys, etc. and able to lead integration into central repository
- Identify weakness of respective data sources and work with source owners to improve
- Drives the technical production processes, infrastructure, monitoring and tools for project delivery
- Assemble, cleanse and structure existing data sources for analytics purposes
Functional Competencies / Experience:
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft products including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficiency with SQL based data query languages.
- Proficiency with statistical analysis tools strongly preferred (e.g. R, SAS, SPSS).
- A background in the application of data science techniques and tools is a plus.
- Familiarity with Net Promoter Score a plus.
- Experience in subscription-based businesses preferred
- Experience in at least one of the following preferred: marketing, product management/development, customer service/operations, technical operations/ engineering
Preferred Educational Level:
- BA/BS degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, business, economics or finance
- MA/MS/MBA preferred
Please send resume and rate with summary of skills/experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with Sempera and providing us with your application & information.