Sempera promotes innovation dedication, and work enjoyment in everything we do for our clients and employees. Our mission at Sempera is to get back to proven principles….giving our clients top quality….giving our employees a satisfying career. The end result of this culture is the commitment to client and employee satisfaction.
Are you absolutely convinced that Cloud Technologies will be the future of software development? As a Senior Software Engineer for the Cloud Software Engineering team, you will join other passionate technologists to design and write Cloud Applications that onboard and monitor public and private cloud deployments.
In your role on the cloud team, you will use Agile methodologies to continuously improve our hybrid cloud management console and lead development efforts to quickly integrate and deploy new features. You will be instrumental in getting other application teams onto the cloud and helping them visualize their ongoing cloud resource utilization and spending.
- Collect utilization metrics from a variety of cloud providers, public and private
- Write cloud utilization data into relational and time-series databases
- Design and develop the microservices that provide data to our hybrid cloud console
- Implement algorithms that extract, transform, and load (ETL) time-series data for more efficient presentation to our users
- Write and deploy microservices in containers
- Write and deploy functions as a service
- Internal leader of a team of engineers using the agile method • Develop and operate (DevOps) our hybrid cloud console Technologies
- Databases: MySQL, InfluxDB, Cassandra
- Engineering tools: Ansible, Bootstrap, Jenkins, Github
- Runtime: Docker, Kubernetes, Angular, Prometheus, Elasticsearch
- Clouds: OpenStack, VMWare, AWS, Azure, Google Requirements
- 7+ years software development experience
- Experience designing and deploying production-grade software
- Experience with object design
- Experience writing distributed systems
- Experience developing in different compiled languages such as Go, Java, C++,
- Experience with data transport using XML and JSON
- Experience developing and debugging software on a network stack IP, TCP, HTTP, REST
- Experience using SQL and NoSQL databases
- Ability to navigate and administer Linux operating systems
- Understanding on how to scale server-side applications depending on load
- Demonstrated application of software engineering best practices
- Experience working on Agile teams, specifically using the Scrum method
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution
- BSCS or comparable background Priority Consideration Given
- Go, Angular, TypeScript, JSON, Docker, Kubernetes
Please send resume and rate with summary of skills/experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with Sempera and providing us with your application & information.